Leadership and Organizational Development offers students the opportunity to increase their leadership skills by facilitating a Leadership Certificate Series workshop and participating in other leadership development opportunities. This position is a paid employment opportunity and a 5-8 weekly hour time commitment during the entire academic year (Fall and Spring Semester).
Certificate Series Facilitators will take lead on opportunities such as:
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of the Leadership Certificate Series workshops.
- Facilitating or co-facilitating weekly workshops (either in-person or virtually).
- Identifying opportunities to enhance/improve participant experiences in the Leadership Certificate Series.
- Participating in ongoing professional development and weekly coaching meetings.
- Full-time, undergraduate student at the UConn Storrs campus in good academic standing.
- Ability and willingness to regularly work evenings.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations, on staff and with participants.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Attend and complete mandatory facilitation training in spring 2021. (Date and Time TBD)
Note: You do not need to have any prior facilitation experience or have been a participant in the Leadership Certificate Series to be qualified.
Applications to be a Fall 2021-Spring 2022 facilitator are now closed and have been filled.
Check back in Spring 2022 to apply to be a facilitator in the Fall 2022-Spring 2023 academic year!