Leadership and Organizational Development offers students the opportunity to increase their leadership skills by facilitating a Leadership Certificate Series workshop and participating in other leadership development opportunities. This position is a paid employment opportunity and a 5-8 weekly hour time commitment in the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semester.
Certificate Series Facilitators will take lead on opportunities such as:
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of the Leadership Certificate Series workshops.
- Facilitating or co-facilitating weekly workshops (either in-person or virtually).
- Identifying opportunities to enhance/improve participant experiences in the Leadership Certificate Series.
- Participating in ongoing professional development and weekly coaching meetings.
- Full-time, undergraduate student at the UConn Storrs campus in good academic standing.
- Ability and willingness to regularly work evenings.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations, on staff and with participants.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Attend and complete mandatory facilitation training in spring 2021. (Date and Time TBD)
Note: You do not need to have any prior facilitation experience or have been a participant in the Leadership Certificate Series to be qualified.
Applications to be a Fall 2021-Spring 2022 facilitator are now open and can be found on UConn’s Student Employment JobX platform. Make sure you create an account first. After you have completed that, click on Find a Job, then check off Storrs Student Labor. On Advanced Search, type “11569” or “Class II - Student Peer Counseling Assistant - 252UST” (MUST SAY STUDENT ACTIVITIES EMPLOYER).
Applications close on Thursday, March 4, 2021. Applicants who move to the second round will be invited to interview by March 10, 2021.