The Emotionally Intelligent Leadership (EIL) Workshop Series is offered in the fall semester and is a nine-week program designed to introduce students to the components of emotionally intelligent leadership. EIL allows an individual to identify and understand their own emotions and those of others, then appropriately manage and channel those emotions into interactions within a particular leadership context.
Successful completion of the program consists of:
- Attendance to and participation in ALL EIL workshops and activities.
- Completion of all assignments and reflection activities.
- Earning a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher by the completion of program requirements.
As a participant of Emotionally Intelligent Leadership, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- your personal strengths in relation to your leadership style.
- effective methods for managing emotions.
- techniques for giving feedback (positive and negative) to others.
- how to apply personal perspective taking to one’s leadership role.
- the leadership theory, Emotionally Intelligent Leadership.