This nine-week program will introduce students to opportunities for leadership at UConn and beyond. Students will develop their leadership competencies through self-reflection, experiential learning, exploration of team dynamics, communication, and cultural competence. As a result of this experience, University of Connecticut Discovery Students will understand the basic concepts and principles of leadership, explore, define, and develop personal values, and begin to take an active role in positively influencing the university community and beyond.
Successful completion of the program consists of:
- Attendance to and participation in ALL Discovery workshops and activities.
- Completion of all reflection activities.
As a participant of Discovery leadership, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- your personality style in relation to True Colors.
- your leadership style.
- your individual values.
- how an individual's personality impacts communication methods.
- the connections between power and privilege.