This nine-week program will introduce participants to the five exemplary leadership practices (identified by Kouzes and Posner). Participants will develop their leadership skills by learning how to Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart. The program will develop participants’ leadership competencies in these five areas through self-reflection, peer discussion, application of theory to current practice, and the ability to project approaches to future leadership opportunities.
Successful completion of the program consists of:
- Attendance to and participation in ALL Challenge workshops and activities.
- Completion of all assignments and reflection activities.
- Earning a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher by the completion of program requirements.
As a participant of The Student Leadership Challenge, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- your organization’s values.
- the importance of a shared vision within an organization.
- the importance of recognizing others within an organization.
- how to apply creative thinking techniques in leadership or group roles.
- personal applications of being a role model as a leader.